It's alive! touchtheSky 2.0 - Wedding Edition!
touchtheSky is back, shinier and slicker than ever. Recoded with jQuery for improved compatibility, updated for Opera 11 and brought into line with the latest style guidelines.
New colour scheme, improved icons, enabled the options for filtering by incident type, and various other fixes and suggestions implemented!
New widget now available - watchtheRoad!
Live UK traffic data provided by the BBC - view as a scrolling notification ticker, or browse through a list.
Detail of each event is available, and all events are plotted on a Google Map, allowing a birds eye view of the area.
Search for your house or office, and save that spot as a home location for all future use.
Only minor changes in this version:
- Forecast summary font reduced slightly
- Fix for date-formatting bug
Plenty of changes under the hood with this one, mostly internal documentation.
However, there are some new features:
- Shrunk the forecast summary down a little more
- A new close button at the bottom of each drawer, to save having to check which drawer is open in order to close
- The first version of a new skin - minimalist for simpler tastes and those with operating systems that are having problems with transparency. Hopefully it should also give you some ideas as to what is possible.
- Moved to Yahoo! YUI library for data connection, increasing speed and reliability
This version brings a raft of new data, and a much-improved forecast section, as well as a proper mini-mode.
The v1.1 change list includes:
- Improved mini mode - finally takes up less space than the original!
- More atmospheric data - barometric pressure, precipitation, mold and pollen levels
- Astronomical data - track the positions of the planets through the day
- Full 7-day forecast - with rain and snow predictions, and sunrise/set times
- Link to Google Maps for the selected location
- Windspeeds now in either m/s or km/h, and temperatures available using AccuWeather's RealFeel®
The official Version 1.0 is now out!
Thank you to all reading this message who have downloaded and installed the widget. Unless you switch it off, this news feed will always keep you up-to-date when a new version is available, so you'll always have the latest and greatest.
The current version of touchtheSky is 0.5 preview. This version adds a lot more infor to the 'full' view, fading between drawers, a clearer configuration, a larger satellite image, improved error dialogs and several bug fixes.
As always, downloadable at http://my.opera.com/community/customize/widgets/info/?id=3903.